POC Entrepreneurial Bootcamp
Do you have an idea for a product or service but are unsure how to turn your dream into a business? Have a side-hustle that you’re ready to take to the next level? Are you a budding entrepreneur looking to grow your network and raise the profile of your enterprise?
Global Eye Entrepreneurs and The Melanin Collective are here for you.
We’ve joined forces to bring you The POC Entrepreneurial Bootcamp, a leadership development experience for people of color. We are growing the pipeline of POC entrepreneurs (and aspiring business owners) who lead with intention and are equipped to break through biased barriers.
What You Will Learn...
The POC Entrepreneurial Bootcamp offers men and women the opportunity to engage in both joint sessions and in separate tracks.
AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE POC ENTREPRENEURIAL BOOTCAMP, YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO:
- Strengthen your brand story and refine your pitch
- Learn to ACE a podcast interview
- Party during an intentional networking session
- Explore how biases stifle your goals and develop a realistic self-care plan
- Participants will have the opportunity to win a LIVE interview on AM/FM radio and promote your venture!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PASSIONATE AND DRIVEN ENTREPRENEURS OF COLOR WHO ARE:
- Ready to take their business to the next level
- Committed to breaking through stereotypes and moving forward with intention
- Excited to join and leverage a growing network
If you’re inspired, intrigued, and ready to blast through bias and into the career of your dreams, apply today!
Who We Are...
The Melanin Collective is based in Washington, D.C., and was founded in 2018. Our mission is to create a transformational space for all women of color (WoC) to see their true self and value, to work as a collective for the common good, and to develop supportive, professional, and lasting relationships. The Melanin Collective envisions a world where women of color can thrive, not just survive. We accomplish this by providing educational resources and workshops on issues including self-development, financial management, overcoming workplace stresses, sexual and reproductive health, relationships and dating, and more that are uniquely tailored to the experiences of women of color. Learn more at: themelanincollective.org
Global Eye Entrepreneurs is based in Los Angeles and launched in 2016. Our mission is to create a national multicultural network where male entrepreneurs of color are provided with rigorous leadership and business development, mentorship, and resources to own thriving and sustainable businesses. Global Eye celebrates the collective narrative of male entrepreneurs of color. Through the power of story, we make transformation possible by increasing access to innovation and opportunity. By connecting and collaborating with entrepreneurs of varying backgrounds, we will effectively increase economic opportunities for all people of color. Learn more at: www.globaleyeleaders.org
- The POC Entrepreneurial Bootcamp takes place on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the Inlcusive Innovation Incubator (in3). Tuition for the program is $120 USD. Tuition includes all group training sessions and customized tracks, participant materials, and meals (continental breakfast, snacks, lunch), and a cocktail networking reception. Application Deadline Extended to Friday, August 10, 2018.
- If you are interested in participating, please apply today. The application deadline is August 10, 2018. Please follow the instructions included in each section of the application. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.